How to download ebooks for free?
The outstanding Project Gutenberg has 30,000 free-as-in-beer-and-and-as-in-speech ePub format eBooks to help keep you start building your library today. The following guide shows you how to free download eBooks for iPad step-by-step.
Part 1: Download and Add eBooks to iTunes
1. Go to the Project Gutenberg website – http://www.gutenberg.org/
2. Locate a book you wish to read on your iPad, click on the link and scroll to the bottom of the book’s page.
3. Download the EPUB format of the book your viewing.
4. Open iTunes and click on File.
5. Click on Add File to Library from the menu.
6. Locate and select the eBook file you downloaded.
7. Click Open.
Tips: When you click on Books you will notice that the book we just added will be listed.
Part 2: Sync Books to iPad
8. Make sure your iPad is connected. Right-click on your iPad.
9. Choose Sync from the menu.
Part 3: View the Book on your iPad
10. Tap on the iBooks App.
11. Tap on the free eBook you added – the book should open.
How to transfer eBooks to iPad?
To transfer eBooks from computer to iPad you must have books in ePub file format and available on your PC or Mac. These are instructions on how to transfer eBooks to iPad for reading in iBooks.
Step 1: Run iTunes and click on File menu and select “Add to Library…”
Step 2: Select the ebook (.ePub) file from computer that you want to transfer and click Choose button.
Step 3: On the left side under Library section, click on Books. Your books will be listed on the right side.
Step 4: Connect your iPad with computer and after few seconds your device will be listed under Devices section on the left side, select your device (iPad).
Step 5: Select the Books tab on the top, and check the “Sync Books” checkbox and you can sync all the books by selecting the “All books” option or few selected book by selecting the “Selected books” option.
Now click the Apply or Sync button at the bottom right of the window.
You may receive a warning that this will erase all the books on your iPad if this is your first Books sync. Click the Sync Books button.
Step 6: Once the sync has completed you can open iBooks on your iPad to read your newly transferred title.
Tips: If you’d like to download eBooks for your iPad, here we recommend you myPadMedia, which has Unlimited eBook downloads for your iPad.